By: Elizabeth
Our internet connection has been, well, disconnected, since last Thursday. No email and no writing for days. In fact, I'm poking this post out on my iPhone. Hilarious. For this reason, I'll keep it brief here.
Bryan was the super-stud and pied piper of Mother's Day. It seems, especially since my diagnosis, he doesn't miss a beat when it comes to our family. Last week Bry was a parent helper during Georgie's 2nd grade camping trip. He was delighted and so very impressed with the science teacher, Mr. DC, that lead the trip. Georgie loved the trip so much, even more because Bry was there with him.
When they returned home Bry helped the boys make craft flowers and bead necklaces for me for Mothers Day. The beads are letters. Each necklace spells out loving messages. The necklaces are meant for me to take with me to Mayo.
Tomorrow, May 10th, I'll fly to Mayo for the bone marrow biopsy and the pre-transplant testing. On the 13th I'll fly home, where I'll enjoy home and family until the medical tests come back. On May 20th, assuming all tests are as they should be, I return to Mayo for the bone marrow stem cell harvesting. Starting June 1st, for two weeks, I'll be in the hospital, receiving a transplant of the stem cells.
As I review today, I remember the pride, excitement and delight the boys felt as they presented me with their hand-made gifts. I'm so grateful, yet again, to Bry for that.
And on the subject of gratitude, here's a message to all those that have done so many kind and generous things for us:
Happy Mother s Day. Thank you so very much for the amazing kindness and generosityg you've shown us. Because of your love, we are happy and healthy as a family.
Your love has also lifted us up as Elizabeth's treatments resulted in the likely remission of her cancer. Tomorrow Elizabeth will travel to Arizona to begin the pre-testing for the tranplant process.
Thank you again. We join in celebrating your kind heart,
The Sedway Family
...
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sending love and prayers for you all. Don't know what else to say.
ReplyDeleteThank you Leslie. Love and prayers are more than enough. We're so grateful for both. Hugs to you, Tim and your beautiful boys. ;)
ReplyDeleteI am finally posting on your blog and also sending constant love. A belated Happy Mother's Day to you and all your "uberMom" helpers, who are especially appreciated by your farther away friends such as I. Wishing you all the best in AZ.
ReplyDeleteLove, Daphne
we all love you, Beth!! so proud of you!!
ReplyDeletexoxo