Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting, Organizing and Thinking Positively

by: Elizabeth

Our life is changing rapidly. While the transition and 'unknown' are intimidating, I sincerely believe that the changes will make for an outstanding environment for our family and for healing. I am determined to reclaim my health and have a deep sense that that's exactly what will happen. (no foolin')

We would not be nearly as organized and comfortable going forward, if not for the kind and loving efforts of so many friends. What amazing grace we feel. My first concern, Bryan and the boys, is being addressed in ways I never could have imagined.

Until we finalize arrangements for a long-term nanny, Cristine Hereth has organized an elaborate system of rides and love that will find Georgie and Bryson happy, safe and well-cared for. Thanks to Tanya Miller, Deanne Weinberger, Gina Barth and Michelle Williams for all they are doing to make this system work. We're working with Caitlin Johnson of interactivechildcare.com for the long term nanny. We've had our initial interview and plan another interview tomorrow. We'll also contact a nanny that Julia Cochran, a high school friend now living in Colorado, found for us.

The Uber Moms: Sue Rock, Deanne Weinberger and Grace Davidson are coming over on Friday morning with the intention of organizing and providing solutions for our family while I go through treatments. Amazing. Really. We are so touched and humbled by all these loving efforts. Each of you are providing life changing kindness to each member of our household. Thank you.

We're still awaiting the all-important genetic test results of my bone marrow that will determine if I have 'high risk' or 'low risk' mm. It is possible these tests will be inconclusive. The genetics tests will also help tailor my chemo treatments. I hope to start those treatments next week. That might not be reasonable, but I'm hopin'.

Today, we have house cleaners coming. (Does anyone else clean the house before they come over? Silly.) This is a luxury we gave up when the economy 'pulled a fast one' on all of us last year. Nice, but expensive to have back in our lives. In fact, they're at the door now.

More later. Love and thanks to each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment